As a professional you must know
1 The Five Laws of Library Science
- 1. Books are for use.
- 2. Every book its reader.
- 3. Every reader his/her books.
- 4. Save the time of the reader and the staff.
- 5. Library is a growing organization.
- Dr. S. R. Ranganathan
- Web resources are for use.
- Every user his or her web resource.
- Every web resource its user.
- Save the time of the user.
- The Web is a growing organism.
3 Five laws of librarianship:
- Libraries serve humanity.
- Respect all forms by which knowledge is communicated.
- Use technology intelligently to enhance service.
- Protect free access to knowledge; and
- Honor the past and create the future