- Textbook Page: this page has lots of Java information including student files which you want to download.
- Dresden International School Diploma Programme Computer Sciences Wiki: This site has excellent IB Computer Science study materials.
- Java Applications Programming Interfaces (API) this is a primary source for information about the Java language.
Links you to the United World College of South East Asia Computer Science Department. Contains detailed notes of the theory topics and detailed help for Java programming.
Links you to the Computer science at Shanghai American School, discussion web. This website allows students from throughout the world to post questions on their dossier. Other students or teachers around the world can read and answer.
Is the companion to the book by Barnes, David and Kolling, Michael (2003) 'Objects First with Java: A Practical Introduction Using BlueJ', Prentice Hall, a book about BlueJ (an integrated Java environment designed for introductory teaching).
These pages are general and specific resources that can be of use to students that are taking a Computer Science course. Please email me if you have a good suggestion for a computer science resource site for this page.
IB Computer Science
- IB Computing - It contains useful information and links to information related to the IB Computer Science program
- Computer Science Dossier Guide (pdf file)
- Dave Mulkey's IB CS Resources - This site presents a comprehensive set of resources for IB Computer Science (SL).
- Java Tutorials - This site contains lessons and examples for those who want to learn the Java programming language.
- Java programming with BlueJ - This is the companion to the book by Barnes, David and Kolling, Michael “Objects First with Java: A Practical Introduction Using BlueJ”, Prentice Hall, a book about BlueJ (an integrated Java environment designed for introductory teaching). The environment BlueJ is available free for PC or Mac systems. The website features the Java compiler which had enormous support from teachers at a recent computer science course.
- Objective C - This site provides an introduction to Objective C programming.
- Programming on TI graphing calculations - This site contains articles and tutorials on how to write programs on your TI graphing calculators. It also contains useful information on different TI’s graphing calculator models and their individual capabilities.
- Lynda Online Training - This site offers a wide range of online trainings from application usage to learning how to program is particular languages.
- Teach Me IT - A comprehensive repository of online training for computer fundamentals, online IT training, online computer training, java, web designs, certifications, online courses and many more.
- Khan Academy - This is an excellent example of using videos to make a great site
- ImpaCT2 is the report of a major UK government survey into the effectiveness of IT in the classroom. The report caused somewhat of a storm in educational circles because despite optimistic conclusions, the statistical data seem to imply that IT has brought little, if any, benefits to the quality of education.