These pages are general and specific resources that can be of use to students that are taking an Economics course. Please email me if you have a good suggestion for an economics resource site for this page.
Accounting, Business Studies and Economics Dictionary for students
Economics and Business Studies command terms for writing essays and other questions
Course/Exam Specific Resources
- Biz/ed - A general resource for learning economics, listed by topic.
- Essentials of Economics - The portal for online resources and case studies relating to the popular textbook “Essentials of Economics”
- IB Resources - A comprehensive collection of IB Economics HL & SL notes including student’s portfolio essays
- Internet for Economics - A tutorial for utilizing the internet for economics research
- Revision Guru - A resource for economics revision tailored to the different exam boards, also includes a free online economics textbook
- Revision Notes: A-Levels - A collection of revision notes for GCSE and A-level.
- Revision Notes: IB - A collection of revision notes for the IB.
- S-Cool - An A-level economics revision site
- Tutor2U - A resource for AS, A2 and IB economics revision
- Welker’s Wikinomics - A website created by an IB economics teacher containing useful IB lecture notes as well as a blog
- Asian Development Bank - Economics and statistics resources of the multilateral, Asian-oriented development finance institution that promotes economic and social progress
- Bank of England - The website of the Bank of England, the UK’s Central Bank
- CIA World Factbook - An online resource on the history, people, government, and economies of every country in the world.
- Consumer Jungle - A resource for surviving in the real world of personal finance including a “life financial simulator”.
- Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean - The UN’s Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Economic Policy Debatesk - Is a place for online debates regarding current controversial ideas in economics.
- Econ Stories - A funny rap video showing the different economic philosophies of Keynes and Hayek
- Federal Reserve - The website of the US Federal Reserve, the central bank of the United States
- Greg Mankiw’s Blog - A Blog written by Harvard University economics professor, Greg Mankiw
- Goldman Sachs’ Global Economic Outlook - Global economic research put out by one of the leading investment banks, Goldman Sachs
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority - The website of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, Hong Kong’s central bank
- International Monetary Fund - The website of the International Monetary Fund - the “central banker’s central bank”
- Internet Public Library - A collection of links to economics-related websites
- Latin Focus - A website dedicated to Latin American economic news
- Paul Krugman’s Blog “The Conscience of a Liberal” - A blog written by the 2008 Economics Nobel Laureate
- Sixty Years of Citizen Keynes - A website dedicated to John Maynard Keynes
- The Economist - Arguably the most influential and important publication in the world
- The Economist: Debate Series - o Economist-sponsored debates, moderated by experts
- UK National Statistics - is the UK's site of official statistics, reflecting Britain's economy, population and society at national and local level.
- UN human Development Reports - The website of the UN’s Development Program
- World Bank - The website of the world bank, the world’s pre-eminent (and often controversial) development bank
- World Trade Organization - The World Trade Organization’s website, containing a wealth of economics research and information
- IB Economics Notes - Note: this looks like a website that someone stopped building after it was about 20% done. There is basically very little content here
- An excellent example of an Economics Extended Essay by Jeffery Chang
www.bized.ac.uk is one of our favorite business sites.
www.asa.org.uk is the site of the UK's Advertising Standards Authority.
www.adb.org is the site of the Asian Development Bank
www.brw.com.au is the site of Business Review Weekly
www.consumerjungle.org is dedicated to promoting consumer literacy for young adults
www.eclac.cl is the site of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean
www.latin-focus.com is a site on Latin American economies.
www.nationalstatistics.gov.uk is the UK's site of official statistics, reflecting Britain's economy, population and society at national and local level.
www.swcollege.com featuring great ideas for teaching marketing.
www.jobsletter.org.nz is a good site on Keynes.
www.onepine.info People Organisations theory models concepts.
www.s-cool.co.uk is a popular UK site dedicated to school students.
www.economist.com is the site of The Economist magazine.
www.thetimes100.co.uk is a free educational resource for students, teachers and lecturers of business studies.
www.tutor2u.net is a good site for online learning resources.
hdr.undp.org is the site of the UN Human Development reports.
test.woodgreen.oxon.sch.uk is the site of Wood Green Schhol, winner of the Guardian school webite of the year 2001.