Diploma Programme curriculum Group 5: Mathematics It is a requirement of the programme that students study at least one course in mathematics; computer science is an elective.
Mathematics Four courses in mathematics are available:
- mathematical studies standard level
- mathematics SL
- mathematics higher level
- further mathematics higher level
The aims of these courses are to enable students to:
- develop mathematical knowledge, concepts and principles
- develop logical, critical and creative thinking
- employ and refine their powers of abstraction and generalization.