These pages are general and specific resources that can be of use to students that are taking a Language course. Please email me if you have a good suggestion for a language resource site for this page.
Language in India www.languageinindia.com
Language in India www.languageinindia.com is an Open Access Journal. Language in India www.languageinindia.com does not charge readers or their institutions for access.
Useful Resources Latin
- In-depth guide to learning Latin - Online Latin tutorials, references, activities, and further practice.
- Cambridge School Classics Project - Support and online activities connected with the Cambridge Latin Course; myths and storytelling.
- Online Latin Dictionary - Latin-English dictionary.
- Internet Workbook for the Oxford Latin Course - Practice and review material associated with the Oxford Latin Course (OLC).
- OCR Qualifications for Latin - Past papers, syllabus and support materials for GCSE and AS/A level Latin.
- CIE Qualifications - Specimen/past papers, syllabus and support materials for Cambridge Secondary 2 and Cambridge Advanced levels.
- Aventuras Languages - Education and travel adventures
- Learn Mandarin Chinese from EaseChinese.com - This site offers an endless list of valuable references for learning the Chinese language using a wide range of resources, including from textbooks, websites, audio CDs and music.
- BBC Chinese - Beginners at Chinese can benefit from this site, where you can learn the language using basic Pinyin and tones. There are also useful guides on how to master the various tones and Chinese characters as well as some fun games to practice your Chinese.
- BBC - Languages - Chinese - Catering to a more advanced learner of Chinese, the BBC publishes their articles and featured news in Mandarin Chinese as well as English! One of the best ways of learning a language is to learn from authentic materials; there’s no better way to brush up your Chinese reading skills than to keep up with current affairs on China.
- Chinese-course - Practice your Chinese with this website, a handy site that helps Mandarin Chinese learners revise words, phrases and sentences. The website also has a diverse array of sentences created by other users which are shared among learners. You can also contribute your own lists of sentences to add to the collection! Self-testing is available by using a flashcard software. A nifty resource for all levels of learners.
- NCIKU - Another practical online resource. This site promotes collective user activity to accumulate copious amounts of educational materials. NCIKU also has a handwriting recognition tool which enables users to write Chinese characters with their mouse. As a result, users can enjoy the convenience of looking at how the various characters are formed in writing while they listen to audio samples. Stroke numbers are also available.
- Chinese-tools - Work your way through the assortment of online resources here, where you can find Mandarin courses, dictionary and editor support, Chinese name translations and common Chinese songs and poems. The site also includes a Chinese calligraphy studio, annotation tool as well as converters for pinyin, Unicode, traditional and simplified Chinese, which are also useful for users who want to build their own Chinese websites.
- Wikitravel Chinese Phrasebook - Propelled by the ambition to ease the stress of travelling, Wikitravel Chinese Phrasebook pools together a spoken Chinese phrasebook. The free website also displays in traditional Chinese characters.
- XinHuaNet - An alternative source for news in Chinese is XinHuaNet, which is great for intermediate to advanced learners. The site also has updated videos of the latest news, so you can practice both your reading and listening skills.
- ZhongWen - Understand the cultural background of Chinese characters and its writing system by visiting ZhongWen. The site is brimming with reading articles and other practical tools for learning Chinese.
- Italian Language School in Genoa Scuola Tricolore offers personalised Italian language courses and continuous fun. We offer courses for every different study objective and level.